Friday, February 24, 2006

Diet Tip of the Day



A great way to lose weight is to eat while you are
naked and standing in front of a mirror.
Restaurants will almost always throw you out
before you can eat too much.


So Monday, I started a slightly modified version of South Beach's Phase One. This means no carbs from breads or any sort of grain. Also you avoid as much sugar as you possibly can. It is actually going pretty well and I am feling pretty good. My family on the other hand isn't quite feeling the love. In recent weeks, dinners at our house included MaltoMeal & toast, waffles, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, spaghetti and many other carb infested dinners. So it has been sort of shocking for them to go back to no carbs. This week's menu has included, Garlic Lime Chicken w/ sauteed cabbage, Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche, and White Chicken Chili. So last night when I was preparing for dinner, Jameson asked the all important question, "What's for dinner?" I had a few new recipes to try- Broccoli Cream Cheese Soup and a no lettuce Greek Salad. Of course, the response was not favorable. In fact, I think the exact words used were, "How many gross dinners do we have to have while you are on this diet?" I gently reminded him with a pasted on smile, that I was doing all the cooking in this house and if he would like something else to eat, I would gladly give him a turn preparing a meal or two. Hopefully my family can get used to the "weird" food sooner than later. I do know it is important to eat healthy and even though weight loss is my goal at this point in time, I really would like to make a lifestyle change and not just diet.




1 comment:

April said...

Broccoli cream cheese soup sounds yummy!

Good luck with the changes. You'll find things that fit that the kids will like (or come to like.) It's such a great thing you're doing for your family.