Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home

Genna and I got home last night from our 2 day stay on the top floor of one of Lincoln's finest. We had room service, got matching bracelets and had someone waiting at our beck and call, all we had to do was touch a button. There was a galley kitchen with yummy crushed ice and fountain pop. The playroom was pretty snazzy as well. There were a couple gaming systems, a big red wagon you could ride the halls in and several very fun puzzles.




The drawbacks to our little vacation were the blood draws every 8 hours, dragging around the IV machine everywhere we went, and having to swallow some pretty yucky medicine.

After several scary days of high fevers and vomiting, they admitted Genna to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. Shortly after arriving, they found out the cause of her troubles- pneumonia. Even though, I hated having to bring my child into the hospital(I just like taking babies home from there) I was so grateful to finally get some relief from her discomfort. The IV/hydration finally made it possible for her to get some real rest, or as much as possible when they weren't poking and prodding at her.

She still had a fever, but Genna started perking up a bit on Thursday and finally was able to eat some food again. A very nice nurse, sent us on a little field trip down to the cafeteria to pick out what looked good to eat. After we got back to our room, we found a special quilt waiting there for us. I had seen people on flickr talk about Project Linus quilts, but I had no idea what they were talking about. Then, later that night she was happy to have Daddy, the boys and Grandpa Bennett come up to visit.







By Friday, she was doing so much better. And even though the playroom was really fun, she started asking to go home. We saw the doctor around noon and she said they would go ahead and discharge us that day. She got to ride the wagon down to the car. We were so happy to finally be going home. We all slept great in our own beds last night. I am very thankful for modern medicine and the huge benefit it has been to my own children.

8 comments:

Kassie said...

Wow, Kristi! That is not fun to hear that your daughter has pneumonia. I've never had anyone get that ill, knock on wood. I'm glad you were able to get her the care she needed and that you're all home and on the mend.

Carin said...

Oh Kristi I am so glad Genna is better. Its so scary. Please know your family is in my prayers.

Freer Family said...

How scary for you guys! I'm glad she is home now and doing better. It's so scary when the little ones are so sick. Cool quilt, I've seen those before and thought they would be fun to do for a service project. Hang in there and I hope she is back to 100% in no time.

April said...

I'm so glad that Genna is back home and feeling better.

Jada2929 said...

Having a sick kid is so hard! Glad to hear she's on the upswing!

An Ordinary Mom said...

What a scary ordeal! I hope she completely recovers soon!

wendysue said...

Yikes. Those darn kids always find a way to keep us on our toes! I'm glad she's doing better!!

miss chris said...

I love that you got a Linus quilt... so sweet. So glad to hear your little one is doing better. Scary. Poor little thing!