Thursday, December 20, 2007

Days 6, 7 & 8 and more catching up

I am not doing so great about blogging our 12 days of Christmas. Next year, I'll try andtake pictures before I wrap them all.

Bear with me- this is a packed post. You might want to put on some Christmas music before you settle into reading this. I am listening to this (Sufjan Stevens Songs For Christmas Singalong) and this(Bethlehem Skyline) (make sure and listen to How Many Kings by Downhere- it is my new favorite of the season).

Day 6-
I was at Enrichment this night. We had a soup supper, sang carols and did a fun white elephant game and cookie exchange.



The kids actually mixed up the day 6 & day 9 present, but oh well.


Day 7-
Started out with a gorgeous sunrise.


I got a new winter coat. Here it is on a cute model.



Every year the 4th graders decorate gingerbread houses. Ok, so technically, it is a cardboard form, but the creative process is the same. You just don't have to worry about the walls caving in, since you can hot glue them together. Connor and I had a lot of fun working together on his house.


Jameson had his first band concert. The lighting stinks in the gym at the school. All my pictures stink. He was just sitting around playing later that night and I took a few shots then.






We finished up our neighbor deliveries. The sun was setting about that time and I drove the kids crazy trying to get different shots.




We came home and made some puppy chow for Jameson's class party.




Puppy Chow

Ingredients:
9 cups rice chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Preparation Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. (I put it in a large tupperware bowl with a lid and shook it)
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

We were so busy, we just about forget about our 12 days present. I found this at the thrift store the other day and just had to pick it up. We haven't had a chance to watch it yet.


Day 8-
Amber and Josh came down today and we had a great time as usual. We exchanged gifts and hit the cute little shops in town. I got a sugared spruce soy candle. It smells heavenly.



Tonight we went out to Famous Dave's for Troy's work get together. The food was yummy and even though I got stuck at the kids table, it was nice to get out.



Me & my sweet girl!


Merry Kissmoose- photo by Connor

Finally, our day 9 present- a dollar store puzzle

4 comments:

Jada2929 said...

Great photos, it was worth tormenting the kiddos. You and your DD look a lot alike. Such pretty hair too!

Freer Family said...

Fun times! It looks like you guys are really enjoying your Christmas season.

Amber said...

I had so much fun yesterday. Thanks for posting the puppy chow recipe...mine was GONE before I hit the Syracuse city limit sign!

Carin said...

Kristi you have been one busy girl! Merry Christmas!