Monday, January 07, 2008

Monologues

Tonight was a fun Cub Scout meeting. The boys had to perform a monologue for their Webelos Showman badge. I got roped into leading this topic when Troy ratted me out that I was involved in Drama in high school.

Jameson picked

Recipe for a Hippopotamus Sandwich by Shel Silverstein

A hippo sandwich is easy to make.All you do is simply take One slice of bread,One slice of cake,Some mayonnaise,One onion ring,One hippopotamus,One piece of string,A dash of pepper--That ought to do it.And now comes the problem...Biting into it!

So we made a little stuffed hippo for his sandwich. I worked on sewing him while Jameson got the rest of his ingredients together.







Connor picked

SNOWBALL
by Shel Silverstein
I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.

I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first- it wet the bed

Here are the "props" we came up with for Connor's performance. A very kind soul over at 2peas helped me get the pajamas pasted into the picture.






Both boys did a great job and I think they had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Jada2929 said...

I love that last photo! Made me laugh on this gloomy morning!

Amber said...

So cute. I love the last photo, too. And the hippo. Hilarious.

kobzafamily said...

Amber was kind enough to direct me to your blog. So that's what I have to look forward to next year for scouts, I guess I better learn to sew. The kids look so big, catching a glimpse 2x a year and stake conference doesn't allow me to keep up.