Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy 70th Birthday Dad!!

I just wanted to give a big shout out to my Dad today, who is turning 70! I love you so much, Dad! And I can't tell you thank you enough for all that you have given me. We sure wish we could be with you to celebrate your special day! Since we couldn't be there, Lorilee and I are sending the next best thing- the most important parts of a Copper Country picnic. Ok, so you don't get the gorgeous scenery or the cool weather, but watch your mailbox for the other key components! I also wanted to share a few pictures that sum up my thoughts as I've been contemplating your special day!



Thank you for being there- all the special days of my life- from my baptism to my wedding to the birth and blessing of my children Thank you for showing us so much as we were growing up from Nauvoo to Niagra- Thank you for loving my Mom and taking her to the temple I have learned so much from you- about the gospel- about love and about what is truly important in life Thank you so much for your love for me and my children. Thanks for everything- I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

5 comments:

Dairyfarmerswife said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Dad! There is no doubt you had great parents, because look how wonderful you turned out! Please send our happy birthday wishes as well!

Cheryl H.

Amber M. said...

I love the picture of your dad and Genna on the back porch step. Priceless.

Lorilee said...

I love all these pictures of dad. Thanks for posting them..and I think I might need some copies of them. :)

Freer Family said...

What a sweet photo tribute to your Dad!

beckbot said...

Kristi,
What a beautiful post. I'm seriously crying here after reading it. (Doesn't help that I just saw my Dad in AZ yesterday and I miss my family already). Aren't families the most wonderful blessing?