Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've been busy...

Watching the moon- the eclipse the other night was AWESOME!


Trying to stay warm- it has been downright cold here.

Baking bread...


Trying to stay healthy- Jameson is still sick and Troy is not feeling the best...

Making a set of reusable shopping bags for my Mom. The sheer bags are for produce, since she likes to go to the farmers markets in Arizona. That green looks so much worse than it did at midnight last night when I was finishing these up.



Trying to clean up my messy office. Why do I always let it get so bad?

Making cookies with my favorite recipe.



I got this from my friend Amy's blog. We've made it 3 or 4 times now. It is seriously the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've found. We tried it today with mostly whole wheat flour- and it was still yummy! I was good though and only ate one for testing purposes only.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter (yes, the real stuff!), softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups semisweet milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. (Since getting my kitchen aid this has become so much easier. I blend it until it becomes fluffy).
In another bowl, mix the flour, soda and salt. Stir or beat on low into the butter mixture just until combined and you can no longer see streaks of flour. Do not overmix. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts by hand.
Drop dough in 2 tablespoon portions, 2 inches apart, onto lightly buttered baking sheets. Tip: Use the wrapper from the butter to lightly grease the pan.
Bake in a 400F oven until cookies are lightly brown and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6-8 minutes. I like mine really soft in the center so I take them out still a bit doughy and let them sit on the hot pan for about 2 minutes to continue cooking just a bit.
With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thing spatular under then to release; let stand on pan to firm up, about 2-5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Yield: 28 cookies

What have you been up to?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

mmmm.... I looove chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to try that recipe. That picture of the moon is so beautiful. Your Mom will love the produce bags.

Andrea said...

I also love chocolate chip cookies so I must try that recipe.... and soon!

Marisa said...

The cookies look good, but I'm more interested in a good bread recipe. I have a French Bread recipe from my mom, but not regular bread. Care to pass the bread recipe along?

i'm kelly said...

i love the shopping bags what a great idea!