Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday I....

Made my weekly 10 mile goal on the treadmill.

Talked to my sister on the phone.

Cleaned up the pile of pillowcases and sheets that have been by my side of the bed since before Christmas. I also washed sheets and vacuumed too.

Was redeemed from the world's worst mother award. You see, I decided we are done with boxed cereal for a while. My kids eat too much of it and there is a lot of sugar in it. So we are going to do oatmeal, pancakes, muffins, eggs and granola for a while. They turned up their noses as I was making the granola, but they all gave it a thumbs up this morning. I used this yummy recipe only I left out the nuts and added unsweetened coconut.



I forgot about my Cub Scout Committe meeting. Sorry again, Cheryl!

Had a whole bunch of sewings firsts- I made my own binding, used my walking foot, my gingher scissors that I got for Christmas and I finished my first quilt. I promise to share more pictures of it tomorrow after it goes throught the dryer.

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

Wow, girl! You've been BUSY! I've done my very best to avoid busy this week...and my house proves it.

Marisa said...

Geez, you put us all to shame. Although the sheets by the bed for a few months might redeem you. Congrats on the 10 miles, I didn't get mine. Does demo-ing a dining room count? I think it's time for us to get rid of our cereal too, I anticipate the same reaction.

i'm kelly said...

wow you are keeping yourself busy! i love the homemade granola (it really is awesome!) and that quilt is adorable!

Amy said...

Oh, I am loving homemade granola too. My husband was going through a box of cereal every couple of days so this is saving us a lot of money. Great job!

Carin said...

You are a buzy one! I have one more thing for you to do. You have been tagged by me. See my blog for details

Kassie said...

I keep telling myself that granola is cheaper, but my kids think its candy and eat a double batch in two days. I guess I can just console myself with the fact that it may not be cheaper, but it's way more nutritious.