Friday, November 14, 2008

November Decorations

Ok, I'll admit, I am ready to get my Christmas stuff out. I have started my shopping, I even tried unsuccessfully to find the radio station that starts playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. But tradition holds that we put our tree and decor up the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving and so I will be patient.

Even though I am excited for the Christmas season to get started, I don't want waste a perfectly good excuse to decorate for a holiday. Plus, I really do think that Thanksgiving is a very cool holiday. The world would be a much better place if we remembered to be more grateful for our blessings.

So for the record, here are my November decorations.

My entry way shelf. I still would like to find some mini multicolored corn for the little basket.


On top of the entertainment center.


This vintage treasure used to be my Grandma Olson's. She used to read us a book we loved about squirrels who needed to learn some manners and so this little squirrel is precious to me.


The two sets of pilgrims are new this year and I really love them both. They remind me of the gratitude I have for those who came to this country searching for religious freedom. Plus, my old set was ceramic and Mr. Pilgrim's head was not going to be glued on an 11th time.

6 comments:

At Home In Georgia said...

It was yesterday for me that I did find a radio station that is playing all Christmas music.

I really like that stitchery....was it 'in everything give thanks' I want to copy that!

it's only 2 weeks from today that I will be transforming my house with all the beautiful Christmas stuff...I bet the time will fly right on by.

Amber M. said...

I love that stitchery, too. Your decorations look awesome!!

I'll be on the lookout for some indian corn for your basket...

JJ said...

fyi - i found the Christmas station. It's 104.5, I listened to it yesterday. It just puts you in a good mood :)

Kristi said...

Sooo cute! I really love it when you share your Holiday set-ups!

Marisa said...

JJ Beat me to it, 104.5. We were in Runza the day after Halloween and they had it on. There were a lot of comments from customers about it being to early. Heck No!! We love Christmas around here.

Kristi said...

hey! Is your computer broken too? ;)