I'd been wanting to mold our own crayons for quite a while now. I considered doing it for Genna's colorful party in November, but it was a good thing that I didn't follow through with it then (it is a little time consuming and messy). A few weeks ago Amber posted about how to do this fun project.. And then I found this picture on Flickr.
So yes, it was messy, lots of crayon papers and chunks of wax everywhere. I hope my cutting board recovers. I did take a magic eraser to it and it took most of it off.
But then end results were definitely worth it.
Even the big kids thought it was fun!
8 comments:
They turned out AWESOME!!! My cutting board STILL has crayon color on it...
Oh that is soooo cool! I never thought of that!
Between you and Amber, I think it's time to retire all of our old crayons and have "craft night" with the kids. The soup looks good. Too bad Travis and I just had a conversation about how he does not like meatballs. Oh, well. The brownies I might pass on, although I did try some once made with pinto beans.
Looks like fun.
Kristi!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. How fun to get back in touch. I am just astounded by how BIG your kids have gotten. Wasn't I just buying a baby gift for Genna? Anyway, I'll have to catch up and read your archives. I love all your projects - super inspiring. Talk to you soon!
That is so cool! You are such a great mom your always doing the coolest stuff with your kids.
I've always wanted to try these. It looks like they turned out really neat.
these are seriously awesome. i love the big crayons... perfect for little hands.
Post a Comment