Friday, May 30, 2008

Today...5.29

Outside My Window... there is a little patch of blue skies. I hope it sticks around. It was a long, stormy night.


I am thinking... of a millions things I need to get done. But a big priority today are my card group cards and some reports I have to get typed up from my Stake Primary visits.

I am thankful for... a solid roof over my head. Like I said, it stormed all night long and I kept thinking of just last weekend when we were camping. We had a good time, despite the thunderstorms, but I am very grateful to be home again.

From the kitchen... I am thinking about a piece of 7 grain bread with some brambleberry jam that I got at the farmer's market yesterday- yum! Add a couple of eggs and it will be the perfect breakfast.

I am wearing..... still in my running clothes- I did 3 miles at the track today while the kids were at swim team.

I am creating..... hopefully a cute appliqu├ęd onesie and burp cloths for Troy's cousin who is having a baby shower tomorrow.

I am going... to get some shelves for my basement. It is in desperate need of some organization. I am hoping to get my food storage in order.

I am reading.... I Capture the Castle. Just barely started it. I finished The Eyre Affair and Animal, Vegetable, Mineral recently.

I am hoping...the baseball fields dry up enough so the boys can play their games this weekend. It's always nice to have a night off from ball, but I don't like all the makeup games.

I am hearing...nothing- ahh!! Even though I love sleeping in and having my kids home for the summer, I think I will get up early all the time because this peace and quiet is heavenly!

Around the house.... things are about to get messy- I am planning on going through garage sale stuff and my storage room.

One of my favorite things... is checking my garden every day. Seeing how things are growing and anticipating a lot of fresh veggies.

A few plans for the rest of the week... baseball games, an auxiliary training meeting with Sister Lant of the General Primary presidency, and maybe even a date with my husband.

I'll try to do some catching up- but it might be next week at the soonest!

3 comments:

Amber M. said...

MISS YOU, MISS YOU, MISS YOU!!!

I'm finally catching my breath after two weeks of visiters...wanna get together and play soon? We'll even come there if it's better.

An Ordinary Mom said...

We have missed you, but it sounds like you are enjoying life and that is what is most important!

Kristi said...

So good to see a post from you. As always you are busy, busy. It's fun to hear what is going on in your life. :)