Thursday, July 13, 2006

10 days and counting

It is only 10 days away until we get to the beauty of Michigan's Upper Pennisula. I can't wait! My sister Lorilee and her family and Mom and Dad will be there too. We will be staying at Louis Point.

There is just something so special about this part of the country. You can't help but fall in love with it and the slower pace of life. There are no lines to stand in to get on rides, no big traffic jams to manuver through. There is the simplicity of enjoying God's creations and sharing time together as a family.

I am so looking forward to searching for agates at Calumet Waterworks, eating a pasty and washing it down with a Faygo Rock and Rye, visiting the ice creams shops in Copper Harbor and Eagle Harbor and most of all watching my kids experience all the places I grew to love when I was a girl.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

That picture is gorgeous! I can't wait to go. :)
Love ya!
Lor