Friday, October 13, 2006

Bangs

I started growing Genna's bangs out when she was about 15 months old. My little girl has always had strong opinions as to what she does and does not like. We went through several different phases with her hair, where she did not want me to put it in pony tails or barrettes or braids. Her hair is very fine and so even when we were in the midst of a time where she was letting me fix her hair- it would fall out of the barrettes, ponies, etc. and be hanging in her eyes. You can imagine this didn't work well during mealtimes.

Anyway, the past Sunday morning, I asked her if she would like to have bangs like her friends' Elizabeth and Emma. Yes, she would. So, I cut them. I forgot that wet hair is longer than dry hair, and so they are a bit shorter than I would have liked. I hair cutters remorse for the first few days until I finally started getting used to the bangs. She wasn't too keen on them either when she first looked in the mirror either. I did have to explain that we couldn't put the hair back on.

But I think we are all adjusted and loving her cute new look. Mealtimes are better. Mornings are better- if she doesn't want to have pretties in her hair- no big deal, we just comb it and call it good and it looks much more finished than before. And finally, my favorite benefit of this new cut- getting a much better view of my little sweetie's face! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

So, so cute, KB! I can't believe how old she is!