Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Field Trip & A Car Show

Last week, I was lucky enough to go with Connor on his field trip to the State Capitol. They've been studying about Nebraska this year in 4th grade and so it was neat to be able to go and see things they've been talking about. I remember going when I was in 4th grade, as well. We were talking about that when Connor asked me to charge up his Mp3 player for the bus ride into Lincoln. He asked how long it took for me to get there and if we were allowed to bring electronics on the bus. I told him, it was only a 15 minute ride and there weren't many portable electronics invented yet. It's funny to think how much things have changed.

Anyway, it was a great field trip. We have a gorgeous State Capitol. We also went to the Nebraska Natural History Museum and to Valentino's Buffet for lunch. Here are some pictures:



Last weekend, Troy and the boys went with his Dad and Tiffany's 3 oldest boys to a car show in Omaha. They had a great time looking at all the cars and picking out which one was their favorite. There was also a BMX show and a guest apperance from Jason Earles, who stars as Jackson on Hannah Montana.

4 comments:

Lorilee said...

What a FUN field trip! I haven't been to the capitol for years. I love the picture of all the kids laying down and looking up into the rotunda. Miss you!

Kristi said...

Don't you just love it when you kids do things in school that you remember doing?

The car show looks fun, and Lily would have died to see Jason Earls!

Amber M. said...

Seriously. I going through MAJOR Kristi withdrawal. I'll be calling soon to set up an intervention!:-) Your photos are all so pretty.

Kristi said...

Do I need to file a missing persons report? ;) You've done the LOST, now let's go for the FOUND!! Seriously, hope all is well at your house. :)