Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A belated Easter Recap

Sorry for the long absence. I thought I posted a little quick message to say I would be back as soon as I could with an update, but I guess I don't know the difference between the save and publish button. That was yesterday and I was just confused all day. I had my scout shirt on and spent the day prepping all the Craftsman Badge projects. In the afternoon my friend had to point it out to me that it was the 5th Monday of the month. Oops! We have our meetings the 1st & 3rd Mondays. I guess the good news is I'm all ready for next week.

Anyhoo, it's been a busy few weeks and I thought I'd share a few pictures...

Easter Recap

We decorated brown farm fresh eggs this year- I got them at the health food store- they were cheaper than Walmart's regular eggs. The eggs got all mottled where we touched them-not sure why, but it ended up looking pretty neat- almost camo-like. them.



We had Troy's family over to our house for Easter dinner on Saturday the 22nd. We had a breezy egg hunt outside- note the mittens and stocking caps. Genna found lots of green eggs.




Our whole family including Genna spoke in Sacrament on Easter Sunday. It really was a good experience and one I am grateful for. My parents came to our ward and then over for dinner after church. My mom brought the beautiful daffodils. They were such a bright and sunny addition to our table. It's always wonderful to spend time with my parents. We are looking forward to next month when they officially come home for the summer from Arizona.




Although it hasn't been as sunny and warm as we'd like yet, we've had a few days here and there that really give us a taste of spring. I have been so itchy to get into my garden. Troy and I sat down and planned out our garden. We are going to do raised beds this year and try that out. Our garden area has eroded a lot the past few years and so we are hoping that leveling it out and the raised beds will help.

Until we have another sunny day, I'll just have to look back at these pictures. The pretty little crocuses make me smile every time the sun shines. We've also been enjoying these apricot branches from my mom. It was fun to see the little blossoms open when we put them in water.


3 comments:

Kristi said...

You are such a busy bee. I'm glad your sunday talks went well, and how fun to have your parents over. I love the daffodils! BTW, you look a lot like your Mom. :) Your eggs look so cool!

You'll have to keep us posted on the gardening. I think we are going to try garden boxes this year, to help with the weeds.

Andrea said...

What a fun Easter. Love the eggs.

Lorilee said...

Your kids look so cute in their Easter outfits. That first picture makes Genna look so grown up!!