Monday, June 30, 2008

Turning 12

Every year I say, this, but every year it is true, I can't believe how fast my kids seem to grow. Has it really been 12 years since we brought our firstborn son home from the hospital? We were scared to death, not knowing what we were doing, yet at the same time, so incredibly happy that our family live had finally begun.

Jameson's birthday the past few years has been during baseball tournaments. It is tough to plan celebrations around a hectic schedule, but Jameson is a great sport about it. Since we had 4 games on his birthday this year, I decided to try and make breakfast extra special, since I wasn't sure what time Connor's tournament games would be played. We sang to him at and then he blew out a candle in his monkey bread.

Two of our games that day, were his that were rescheduled due to all the rain and storms we've had. He had one of his best hits ever, that landed just a few few away from the fence and pictched 3 great innings.

Connor's team finished up their season and won 3rd place in their tournament.

Poor Jameson has opened his presents in the car for the last several years since we are usually coming from or going to a game. I guess he doesn't mind though. His big present this year was a camera. He has really been getting into photography and I got this one for a great deal on ebay. Connor found this extra large North Carolina jersey at our little thrift store here in town and asked if I would buy it for Jameson. I thought it seemed silly to buy one so large and so I said, no. Well, Connor decided to spend his own money to purchase it, so Jameson could hang it on his wall. It's always nice to see evidence that they really do love each other.

Our tournaments got over in time that we could go out to dinner at a decent hour. So Jameson picked Red Robin, since he loves burgers.

Today was a big day for Jameson because he was ordained to the office of a Deacon. It was really nice to have my parents come down for church and then have lunch with us afterwards.

I want Jameson to know how very much he is loved and how proud we are of the young man he is becoming.

5 comments:

Lorilee said...

Happy belated birthday Jameson!! I've been thinking about you all weekend. So proud of you becoming a deacon. You're such a great kid!! I remember when you were just as small as Ashlyn. Love you!!

Kassie said...

It's scary but so awesome to watch them grow up, isn't it? I remember well those first times of watching my boys perform in their priesthood duties. Happy mom moments!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Jameson! Good job, Mom & Dad. It looks like you have raised a great 12-year old. :)

Freer Family said...

Wow! 12!
Happy Birthday Jameson!

I can't believe you are old enough to have a Deacon.
Red Robin was Cole's choice for bday dinner too.

Amber M. said...

Happy, happy birthday, Jameson! 12 is quite an accomplishment.