Tuesday, July 22, 2008

U.P. 2008

It was nice of my brother to plan his wedding in one of my most favorite places- the Upper Pennisula of Michigan.


We stayed in a rustic cabin at Lac La Belle

complete with deer tails, mice and a door that didn't lock the first few days


We managed to do a few other fun things as well....


we ate lots of ice cream


we played in the water

and in the sand(literally)

and found lots of cool rocks

we picked blueberries

had lots of picnics

with the perfect food

We saw...

boats


lighthouses

daisies growing wild wherever we went

waterfalls


sunsets



and some of the most gorgeous scenery you'll ever find





Being able to spend the week with family made it all the more fun...









I even managed to get a date in with my cute husband on my birthday. We went out to lunch and hiked to see a waterfall.

Thank you for sticking with me through this mega post. Some of these awesome pictures were taken by my sister and some by Jameson. I haven't even gotten a hold of my Mom's pictures. You hope when you take pictures that it will capture those moments that were so precious and I think many of these shots do that exactly!

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

Looks like you had an AWESOME trip...welcome home! I owe you a birthday lunch...

giddygoat said...

Pretty photos! Glad you had a memorable trip!

Kristi said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! That was just a fun post. Looks like you had a great, family weekend. I've never been to Michigan, looks lovely though. :)

Can't believe how big your kids are getting! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love that picture of you and your sweetheart. You are a super cute couple!

Marisa said...

How gorgeous!!! We love cabin vacations on the water.

Andrea said...

beautiful! Wow.
And happy belated birthday. What a nice place to celebrate.

Freer Family said...

AWESOME post! That trip looks amazing. What a beautiful place, gorgeous photos! Happy belated bday!