Thursday, July 31, 2008

Everyday excitement...

I made dill pickles with my neighbor. This was my first time. I hope our spice combination turns out ok. We won't find out for another 4-6 weeks.

My sweet Mom came down and helped me freeze 5 dozen sweet corn that I got from the farmer's market. I ended up with 29.5 cups. Just an FYI- I really liked using the tool in this picture. I'd tried it before and hated it, but I got a new cutting board and had Troy put a nail through it and it worked wonderfully.

I had a harder time with this one. I actually ended up cutting through my finger and fingernail.

I finally made Genna a pair of Bandana Pants using this tutorial. They were pretty easy, considering this was my second try and if you don't take into consideration cutting through the front accidentally with my pinking sheers, thus needing the white ric rac to hid the cut.


I had an orange gladiola bloom.



While driving home from the Nemaha County fair yesterday, we watched our van hit 100,000 miles. Sadly, we that's 83,000 miles in just a little over 3 years.

This gorgeous black swallowtail butterfly visited my bushes yesterday afternoon.

We were able to go with Jameson to the temple for his first time last night and do baptisms.


The baby bluebirds are growing up. We think they are all males. I think tomorrow will be my last check of the box.

7 comments:

Amber M. said...

SO MANY fun things to share. Genna's shorts turned out very cute!

Eloise said...

Your pictures are wonderful. Love the bandana pants - I'd like a pair of those myself!

Kristi said...

Honestly, you are the queen of domestic projects! I don't know anyone who gets as much done as you do. Beautiful photos, as always!

Freer Family said...

Wow! How do you get it all done? The pickles look yum. Cute shorts!

Kassie said...

Wasn't that awesome to get to go with your own son to the temple? I also LOVE watching my boys doing their priesthood responsibilities every Sunday when preparing and passing the Sacrament. Love having boys!

The Frosts said...

Dang, you are incredibly productive!! I am jealous of your canning, I really want to learn how to can and have no one close by to teach me! And those pants are adorable and very cool that you got to attend the temple with Jameson!

Marisa said...

83,000 in 3 years-yikes. We're not far behind.