Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sarah MacLachlan sings a song titled "World on fire" and I am pretty sure the lyrics aren't about the changing leaves. But I can't help but think of that phrase as I drive around seeing the trees ablaze with color. I am also doing a little shopping as well, I need to find a tree that I can plant in my yard. This spring I was resolved that it needed to be a non fruit bearing dark pink flowering crab apple tree. This fall, I am almost convinced that a red maple might be a better choice. Oh well, I am not in a rush to run out and plant a tree. For now, I will be satisfied with all the gorgeous trees I get to see as I drive around town. To borrow from another song, I am so glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father's created for me.

1 comment:

holly said...

Beautiful, Kristi! I sure miss that color here in Texas!! Enjoy it! :o)