Thursday, October 27, 2005

Enter the Kingdom of Reading



Woohoo!! I am more than excited to have the book fair done this year. For some reason it seemed like almost more work than last year to me, but I guess that is because we added a few new programs than we had done in the past. We are going to try hard to recruit a few more volunteers to be on a committee, so my friend Tami and I don't have to do so much of the work ourselves before hand. After a strenous day on Tuesday, standing on my feet from 10:00 am to 8 pm, I was about ready to throw in the towel. But a good night's sleep and watching my children get excited over the books we purchased, helped me realize it really was worth all the hard work. Plus we raised an additional $256 that went towards buying books for the school library. So if I can be cheesy for a minute, I'll share my hope is that lots of children in our school, including my own will truly enter the kingdom of reading. Reading is something I am so passionate about and I hope that my kids will someday feel that same way!

1 comment:

April said...

I'm so glad it went well Kristi. What a worthwhile thing to have stress & tired feet over. I hope you find some new recruits to help out next time around.