Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lords A Leapin!

I just had to post this picture to tease my cute husband! We had our Ward Christmas Party on Saturday night. We had a yummy turkey and ham dinner and a fun program afterwards. Connor and his cousin Ethan sang "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth", we had another gentleman who sang 2 original Christmas songs that he wrote that were just awesome and then there was the 12 days of Christmas performance. Our Bishop's wife had the great idea of having someone try to sing the song seriously and then have a representatives of the different days try and interrupt as their part was sung. So for 3 french hens there were 3 ladies with a french chef's hat on, 4 calling birds were 4 ladies with a feather boa and cell phones, 7 swans a swimming were represented by our Missionaries in swim caps and snorkels, 8 maids a milking by our YW's president in overalls and pigtails walking Trey, Troy's 6'2 nephew dressed in a cow costume and then of course, 10 Lords a leapin were these 3 brave souls who donned their first pair of tights and Ceasar Crowns. I wish I could figure out how to get the video on here, but take my word for it, it was HILARIOUS! They really leapt across the stage and everything. I think the Bishop hit the nail on the head when he said how important it was for us to get together and laugh. We did do a lot of laughing and it sure felt great! Cindy asked Troy if he wanted to take his tights home and can you believe it? He said NO! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

April said...

Oh how funny Kristi! What brave men. lol

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun ward party!!! I remember the days of those...our ward didn't have one. They did have a really nice Live Nativity this past Friday night, but I do miss a good ward party!

Carin said...

Kristi sounds like an awesome Christmas party. Troy is a good sport.

Becky said...

Sounds like such a fun party - you have one self-confident hubby there! I don't think I could pay Brad enough $$ to don a pair of tights! LOL