Thursday, March 09, 2006

30 Minutes or less

It is a amazing to me all that you can actually accomplish in a 1/2 an hour if you put your mind to it.

I love watching Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. I rarely make anything that she does- just because I don't usually have the plethora of gourmet foods at my fingertips like she does. Watching her show always gets me in the mood to actually go make dinner for my family. Anyway, Tuesday night, Troy and I watched her show together and saw her make this recipe. Surprisingly I had all the ingredients on hand except the pita rounds, which I fixed when I went to the store. And I was pleased to have actually completed the meal in around 30 minutes, despite not having a few of the time saving elements like she had like chicken tenders instead of breasts and washed bagged salad, instead of a head I had to chop myself. The Greek Chicken Tikka turned out to be a really yummy dinner at our house- if I do say so myself. You just wouldn't have wanted to look anywhere besides the table while we were eating, because the rest of the kitchen was a disaster area because I was rushing to finish in a timely manner. Wish I had a crew that came in during the commercials and tidied up so I could concentrate on cleaning.

Then this morning, I did my Leslie Sansone's Walk and Kick DVD.
My sweet sister, Lorilee sent it to me after we split a package deal from Sam's Club. 2 workout DVD's for $20, isn't a bad price, in my book. Anyway, it is a 1/2 hour workout. And I honestly found myself wishing it was longer. I had such a fun time doing it. If you have never tried any of her workouts, I highly recommend them.

My goal for the day is to whip my office into shape. The pile of sharing time stuff from Primary, the stack of bills and a bunch of fun ribbons from my friend Amber are all just waiting for me to put them away. And I am pretty sure I can do it in 30 minutes or less. What can you do in 30 minutes today?

3 comments:

April said...

I love Rachel Ray.

I can make the phone calls I need to in 30 minutes today. I can go for my walk too. :)

have a great day Kristi.

Erica said...

KB have you ever tried doing a garbage bowl thing like she does? It really saves me. I think I want to make her sloppy joe recipe sometime soon. That looked good.

Erin said...

Kristi - I just watched Rachel Ray for the first time the other day and she made that exact meal. I am glad you guys thought it was yummy! I want to try it. I love Leslie Sansone. I have her walking videos.