Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer Lovin'

Along with trips to the pool, popsicles, and watermelon- reading has always been high on my summer to do list. I remember as a teenager, my sister and I riding our bikes to the library with a backpacks. I would check out as many books as I could stuff in the bag. The ride home always seemed so much longer than the ride there. I don't think my parents appreciated me holing up in my room until I was finished reading them all. And I do remember on several occasions on vacation being told to put the book down and enjoy the view as we were traveling.

I wish I could instill this love of reading to my children. The boys just don't seem to have caught the bug like I did. I am sure it is my fault, the tv and game cube are too accessible and can provide entertainment without much thinking or effort on their part. I am holding out hope for Genna however, every night she asks to have the light on for a while longer so she can read.

We are planning a trip to Michigan this summer and I can't wait! But until then when I am not at ball games or chauferring my kids to the pool- there is a good chance I probably won't be around. I might be visiting an Amish community while reading, Jodi Picoult's novel Plain Truth or learning how incredibly blessed I am to have the wonderful loving husband I do, instead of the abusive one the main character has, in Picture Perfect, also by Jodi Picoult. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Good to see you back, KB. I check everyday! Have a a fun summer! I get to pick the next bookclub book. I'll look into your suggestions. Anymore?

Holly said...

Hi Kristi!! I only wish I had time to read! LOL! ;o) Maybe someday...when my kids are self-sufficient.