Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bishop Bennett

For the past year Troy has been serving as the first counselor in the Nebraska City Ward bishopbric. Bishop Herrick has been serving for 5 years now and we knew his time was soon up. When Troy got a phone call to meet with the Stake President, we weren't really too surprised to find out what his new calling was going to be.

On Sunday Troy was sustained as the new Bishop in our Ward. It has been a humbling experience for Troy, but I know he is going to do a wonderful job. I know there are going to be some sacrifices coming up for our family, but thankfully I know there will be blessings as well.

8 comments:

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

I can totally understand all you are going through right now. My husband has been the new bishop in our ward for one month now. It has been very humbling for all of us as we've felt the prayers - literally - of the members on his behalf.

Congratulations! It's definitely a calling that involves the sacrifice of everyone in the family.

Marisa said...

Congrats, I think. Good luck.

Wendy Sue said...

What a blessing for your family! I love the sweet family photo too. :)

Kassie said...

Yikes Kristi! Just remember that behind every good bishop is a fantastic, supportive wife. I'm sure you'll be that for Troy.

Andrea said...

Congrats. Or maybe sympathies? haha
You'll make a great cute nice supportive bishops wife.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am sure this will be a life changing experience for the whole family, but then again I am sure you will be extremely blessed as well!

Kristi said...

You are right about the blessings...

I'm sure he'll do a great job!

Love the family picture. :)

Freer Family said...

Good luck Bennett fam!
Kristi, you are the cutest Bishop's wife ever!
Great family photo!