Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This and That

Alright, time for some odds and ends...

Where we went last Saturday. Friday night we stayed in Independence and had dinner at the Hereford House- yum! I opted not to bring my camera into the park, after we got completely soaked last year at Elitches in Denver.

The Mamba or as Genna kept calling it the Mamma. The boys went on it, us girls had a grand ol' time on the Merry Go Round.


Didn't get a picture, but Sunday we got to see both of my sisters and their families, which was very nice!

A sneak peak of my incredibly fantastic birthday present made by Amber. Seriously, how lucky am I? I promise I'll show you more of them later!

A few fun things that I found recently...


my cool new vintage scale + ugly, but necessary outlet

tiny little wreath and pear

Daddy and what I think is one of our 6 babies who fledged from our bluebird box this spring and summer

Wrapping Idea- kraft paper + clearance candy + homemade card

Card I made for my Sorority Sister(Yikes, her birthday was in March)

Connor got his drum for band yesterday and it has been played nonstop since. Don't you wish you were me?

Jameson broke his arm today at recess. He fell flat on his face after losing his grip while hanging from a soccer goal post. He gets his permanent cast next Tuesday.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Great pictures! Looks like you are having fun. Poor Jameson!

PS...check your peamail. ;)

Amber M. said...

What!? Broke his arm?? Stink! At least it didn't happen at the height of summer...

Thanks for the fun day...wanna do it again soon?? I'll come to you.

Kristi said...

Great finds! I'm jealous of your divine scale! That is so cool!!! What a fun thing to display on your kitchen counter.

Poor Jameson! At least summer is over...

Your b-day gift looks just lovely! Can't wait to see more. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Jameson -- I hope he feels better soon!

Heather said...

Every year I have a kid in my class that breaks something during the first couple of weeks of school (A little girl broke hwe arm on Thursday). I don't even flinch at broken limbs this time of year! I hope he's doing alright.

Erin said...

I posted the bread recipes on the SG board. Hopefully they turn out for you. They are really easy and they turn out great everytime! Both recipes are fabulous!