Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Music Man & other things to whistle about.

Today was an awesome day. I got to sleep in. Genna went to her first tumbling class- don't worry, I'll post some pictures in the next few days. Jameson was in a free throw contest and made 7 out of 15 shots, getting 3rd place in his age group. Troy took the boys to cut out their pinewood derby cars and Genna and I snuggled on the couch and watched Toy Story. My boys both loved that movie, so it was sort of nostalgic sitting there with her watching it. Anyway, then when the boys got home we went outside and played b/c it was a gorgeous day. Made yummy hamburgers & fries with fry sauce for dinner and after showers settled down to watch the Music Man with the whole family. Can I just tell you how much I loved it? I will admit- it sort of put our whole family into slumber mode. Genna was out after only a few bites of kettle corn. Connor couldn't sit still so he lasted a little longer. Not sure when Jameson checked out, but I think it was before I woke up from my little nap. But it is hard to stay awake when you are snuggled up with your sweetie on one side and your precious little girl on the other. But wake up I did and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the movie. There were so many songs I never knew came from this show. I thought Molly Shannon was hilarious in this and of course, I love Victor Garber, who is in my all time favorite show, Alias. After watching it, I found my self whistling the 76 Trombones song and I am ususally not a whistling kind of girl. It just was such a feel good kind of a movie. I read some reviews of people who had seen the original didn't like this version, but having never seen it myself, I was completely impressed by this one.

All in all, it was such a great day and I think I should whistle more often! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

oh that does sound like a perfect day. I didnt' know they redid The Music Man. I'll have to check it out.