Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year


It is hard to believe that it is 2006. I am sure it will take me a good 2 months of writing checks for it to sink in. We had a wonderful Christmas and a great time ringing in the New Year with friends. We have been enjoying one more day of vacation- tomorrow the kids will go back to school and Troy will go back to work. I am definitely looking forward to getting back to our routines.

We had a FHE last night on setting goals. This is what we came up with:

Daily Scripture Study- 7:00 am at the kitchen table- with your scriptures ready- no getting up to get drinks of water or to use the restroom. We're going to try hard to devote 15 minutes uninterrupted to reading what Heavenly Father wants us to know.

Have a Positive Attitude- All of us need to work on this. We are going to try really hard to remember all the blessings we have in our life- and when we are upset or in a bad mood remind each other to recall at least 5 of those blessings. We are also going to try and think of a song to sing that can help us adjust our mood.

Show Love to One Another- Well, being respectful was on our Goal list for last year and we still struggled with it, so this year we decided to take it a step further and be more proactive at getting along. We are going to try and say I love you more often and also try to find ways daily to serve each other. The boys are going to try and play together more often.

Be Healthier- All of us are going to attempt to exercise more often- anyway we can get it. The boys want to play more basketball, I want to try to incorporate walking everyday. Troy and I are giving up Pop. And we are all going to try and eat more fruits and veggies and less junk food.

We ended our FHE by setting some personal goals. Playing with my children more and taking more time to preserve our family memories(scrapbooking) are at the top of my list. I had to laugh today when Jameson told me his goal was to play the Gamecube or watch tv for 1 hour a day. I guess we will have to do a little bit more talking about settting goals that make us stretch a little bit. I think he is pretty darn good at his goal already.

I hope that 2006 is a wonderful year for everyone!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holly said...

LOL...Jameson's goal is hilarious! Good luck with the pop goal! That was one of my resolutions back in 1997 (no lie) and it lasted a good 5 months! And then I fell off the wagon...and the rest is history! Such is life! LOL! ;o)

Carin said...

Kristi you have to respect Jameson for setting a goal he can acheive.

Happy New Year!

Becky said...

Jameson's goal cracked me up! Adam would so be on board for that one! :)

Happy New Year!

Amy B. said...

LOL Jameson knows how to set attainable goals doesn't he ;) good luck with all your goals!