Thursday, March 29, 2007

Still here

Hey, remember me???

Gosh, time flies when you are having fun. I do apologize for neglecting my blog for so long. I guess one of the biggest reasons I haven't been around much, is that I have been so busy looking up recipes, exercises, and reading success stories. On March 19th, Troy and I, along with Troy's sister and her husband started the Body For Life 12 week challenge. It has been such a fun thing to do this together. Now when the alarm goes off at 5:45, we both get out of bed and head down to exercise. Of course, we haven't even quite hit the 2 week mark yet, and have only dropped a few pounds so far, but still I feel great. I have lots of energy and NO guilt, plus I feel good about myself. It is much easier for me to feel happy with the body God has given me, when I know I am putting an effort into taking care of it.

With that said, here are some things that have happened since I last blogged:

We went down to KS for a fun weekend. My Mom, my sister, Linda, and my sister, Lorilee and I all attended the Time Out for Women that was happening in KC. We had such a great time. Jason Deere performed his music from Joseph, A Nashville Tribute and Hilary Weeks, was the musical host for the rest of the weekend.




Grandma brought all the kids t-shirts from Arizona. They were so excited to get to see Grandma again! But Genna kept asking, why Grandpa couldn't come too.



Here's a family picture from that weekend.




The boys were THRILLED beyond measure when Troy finished putting up their basketball hoop. Since spring hit, they were always down at one of the neighbor's, playing on their hoop. They are sticking around home quite a bit more now. The first day after we got it up, Connor was out shooting hoops before 7am.




So excited to have my bluebirds back on a regular basis. Pretty soon I will probably find a nest built in one of the boxes. My blue feathered friends are definitely one of my favorite things about spring!



Last Saturday, we had a surprise party for my dear friend, Cheryl. I was so excited how it all turned out, we really surprised her! It was a lot of work to pull it off, but it ended up being such a great day. The only bummer was that my camera was dropped off the table that day and so now I am in the market for a new one. So you will have to do without pictures until I can get a new one.

Later that night we were deciding what to do with the kids. We decided to have dinner at home and then make shakes/smoothies for a treat and watch a movie. Well, we never got to dessert. I had fixed tilapia for the first time and Genna had a bad reaction to it. We thought at first she had swallowed a bone, because she keep saying her throat hurt. I was calling the hospital, when her face started breaking out with hives. We took her in to the hospital and paid for some really expensive Benadryl. She ended up being fine, but it was really scary for a while. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and for Heavenly Father watching over my little girl. We decided it sometimes, it is not cheaper to eat at home!

Hope you are having a great day!

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

It's good to know you are "still here." Seems like like has been busy, but exciting!

Good luck on the Body For Life challenge!

Kassie said...

Kristi, scary on Genna having a reaction to dinner. Yikes! Glad the Benadryl worked.
I can't wait to hear how you do after the 12 weeks. I think it's a good balanced program. I still think in terms of intensity patterns when I am working with weights.
Sorry about the camera. Good luck finding a new one.

Rosie said...

Good luck w/the exercising. It is a life long struggle for most of us.

Andrea said...

So glad you are back and all is well with everyone. Be sure to update on your body for life.