Monday, March 05, 2007

Stuff to Smile About

It was a great weekend and here are some of the things that made me happy:

*our tax return

*2 boys who did their chores without nagging or grumbling

*getting out of the house after being cooped up for a few days

*watching a very cool lunar eclipse



*having enough kleenex with me when we went and saw Bridge to Terabithia

*Having a shirtsleeve to use when I watched Click. I could have never guessed an Adam Sandler movie would have me in tears the way this one did. I am not necessarily recommending this b/c it was full of Adam Sandler humor- but it did have a very touching message

*Getting to go to church on Sunday. Even though it was nice to sleep in last week, I sure miss being there, it makes me whole week go better

*Finishing up Mansfield Park- realizing that even though it isn't my favorite- it isn't as awful as the movie

*Seeing all of the wind's handiwork in the snowdrifts on the way to and from church, it was just beautiful



*Enjoying a yummy lasagna dinner with the missionaries last night

*Getting back to our regular routine today!

*Finding out I won something really cool! I never win anything, so I am so excited!

3 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

What fun things you had to smile about! I loved the moon picture and congrats on winning something!

wendysue said...

You lucky duck! I LOVE that platter. I may have to splurge.

Andrea said...

How cool that you won something. yea! And I cried at Click too. Not really a great movie, but it totally made me cry, so I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.