Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good Things

As I sit at my desk the day before Thanksgiving, my heart is full thinking of all the many blessings in my life. My family, my friends, my faith, my home...the list goes on and on.

Here are a few other things that have made me smile recently...

getting to be there for my niece Ashlyn's first birthday. My sister and I had a lot of fun together, while the guys went hunting. We actually got a lot accomplished that weekend, cooking, shopping and crafting. Click on it so you can see the adorable onesie, Lorilee made to go with the frilly skirt.



gorgeous weather for November



my sweet husband putting up the lights for me



same great guy going with me to Twilight and then listening to me ramble on and on for hours comparing it to the book.

learning how to make bows from my sister. I am so excited that Genna is going through a phase where she loves to have a bow in her hair. We had a 6 month period where she wouldn't even let me touch her hair.



a cub scout that worked very hard and was the top seller in our pack this year. He sold over $1500 and earned the prized rocket for his efforts and also $115 worth of gift cards that are burning a hole in his pocket.



a twelve year old who willing made chocolate chip cookies (and took pictures of the process) while his parents took a nap on Sunday afternoon. It was a heavenly smell to wake up to.




And all of you- I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Shane told me you guys went to Twilight. I can't wait to go! I haven't had time yet, but I hope to go tonight so we can talk about it tomorrow at dinner. See you tomorrow! :)

Carin said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

JenniferB said...

I am very thankful for our friendship -- thank you for being a patient listener, a joyful encourager, and a friendly smiler. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Andrea said...

yum. I think I need some cookies.
Sounds like you have some great things!

Amber M. said...

Good things, indeed!!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Bennetts!

Kristi said...

Your husband really is a sweetheart - what a trooper to go with you to Twilight - wow!

Hope you have a blessed Holiday.
xo

At Home In Georgia said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving too.

So did you guys make those toothpick pictures? Super cute!

Your lights are looking good!