Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome Home!

On Saturday Troy's sister Tiffany's husband Orin got home from his year in Iraq. We are so thrilled to have him home safe and sound!

Someone surprised them with yellow ribbons for a mile & a half from their place. It had to have been cold when they were out their tying all those bows.

Sunday we hosted a welcome home party for Orin at our house. It was a lot of work getting ready, even though all the food came from Sam's Club. But I figured I could miss out on my Sunday afternoon nap to show my appreciation for Orin's service and his family's sacrifice.

Sign made by Jameson

Heather Kunz put together an awesome video of pictures from Orin's tour of duty and we watched it with the Giles' projection screen in our living room. I should have invested in kleenex boxes around the room. I wish it wasn't so long or I would post it here.

A little boy who wouldn't let his Daddy out of his sight!

Tiffany & Orin (sorry the picture is so blurry)

There were many who came out to help welcome him home.



Words can't express how grateful we are, Orin for your service to our country!

9 comments:

Kassie said...

I remember so well when my BIL came home from Iraq. Just looking at the picture of your BIL and his son made me tear up. So glad he made it through safely and is home again.

Kristi said...

It looks like a great welcome home party for an American hero.

So glad his family has him home again.

Amy said...

What a nice welcome home party! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

JenniferB said...

It was so great just to see Tiffany and the boys so relaxed and happy -- to know they have Orin home again. Thanks for hosting the crazy group though -- your pics don't show half the crush you had to deal with! ;)

Andrea said...

I love seeing the parties you throw. Glad he's home safe.
ps. I tagged you if you want to play along feel free. that's what you get for commenting :)

Drewmeister said...

Welcome home! Every returning American hero deserves a party like this to thank them and their families for their incredible service to our country.

Kristi said...

you are too quiet... hope all is well?!

Freer Family said...

Welcome home!
Thank you Orin for serving our country!

At Home In Georgia said...

Where have you been? Hope you are doing well.