Thursday, February 09, 2006

Accountable

Well, don't faint, but yes, it is another post from me this week. And there aren't any pictures this time.

I am posting today about my new resolve to get in shape and eat healthier. Yes, I know, I set this goal at the beginning of the year and promptly fell off the wagon within a few weeks. I think it was Connor's birthday when I toppled off. But I am hoping by posting, I will feel accountable to the few who might be reading this.

I recognize, I eat when I am bored and I eat for comfort- both bad habits. I have been working this week on the eating after dinner habit. I am typically a night owl and so at about 9:30 after the kids are settled in bed finally, I relax with something to snack on. The problem is that it is never carrot sticks or anything else that is remotely healthy and then I usually play the sweet and salty balancing game. You know, you have popcorn and then you have to have something sweet to cut all the salt and then it starts a vicious circle. So anyway, I have been good all week. Ok, so that means only 3 nights, Monday through Wednesday, and I have went to bed pretty early most nights, but still, it's some progress.

I have cut out sweets since Monday and I have exercised every morning before scripture study this week as well. I know it is early in the game to really be tooting my own horn. But I have to make a little noise, otherwise, I might be tempted to go back to my old wicked ways.

It's amazing how better you feel about yourself after even just a little hard work. I know I haven't lost any weight yet, but I just don't have the guilt that goes along with all the sweet eating and lack of exercising that I had previously felt.

There, I feel much more committed to what I am doing. I am not expecting praise for my small accomplishments this week. It just helps knowing that someone out there knows what I am up to.

3 comments:

April said...

Yay Kristi! Good for you. :) And I like the posting twice in a week thing. A good trend. :)

Carin said...

Good for you! Kristi you will do great.

AmyG said...

keep it up! :)