Sunday, November 19, 2006

Grateful

I am sitting here this evening with a very full heart. It has been one of those Sunday's were I got totally recharged and I feel great. Church was wonderful. I got there are found out I didn't have to give the lesson, which made it even better. Some of these Old Testament books really were a challenge and today's lesson on Jeremiah had parts that I was happy not to have to teach. Anyway, we had the missionaries over for dinner. I just love having them in our home. They really have an amazing spirit about them. After they left, Troy and I took a nice nap with only a few small interruptions. We woke up and had an awesome Family Home Evening. We were talking about gratitude and the direct correlation between that and our happiness. Troy started out the lesson with having us each make a list of 10 things we were grateful for. It was so cute as we were writing, both Jameson and Connor asked if it was ok if they added a few more things. By the time we were done with the lesson, Connor had a total of 108 things on his list and I am sure he would have kept going except we closed and had dinner. It just made my heart happy to see both of them realize that there are so many things that bless our lives. It was easy to think of the standard answers, Heavenly Father & Jesus, family, friends, food, and clothing- but I was touched by some of the things on their lists that I forgot to add to mine- Christmas lights, smores, trees, cameras, birds, water, rainbows, popcorn, socks. Connor might have been trying to pad his list just a little- he did have all 12 months listed, but even so, I really think it was a wonderful example to say, yes, all these "things" do bless our lives. We truly have so much and I am so thankful for my wonderful life!

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

That was very nice to read first thing this Monday morning! You are always so good, KB!