Sunday, November 12, 2006

Menu Planning for this Week

Before heading to Lincoln the other day, I decided to sit down and plan out a menu for the coming week. I will be subbing a couple of days and so I wanted to get down on paper some ideas. Every day around 3:30 I start to dread the question that keeps coming to my mind, what am I going to fix for dinner. It wouldn't be so bad if I would decide something right at that point and start thawing out or making preparations. However, that is right when I am getting home from picking up the boys and I need to be avaliable to them at that point. They need my attention to help them with homework, motivation for getting chores done or just being a listening ear to hear how their days went. Yeah, I know I should be able to handle those things as well as dinner preparations, but I admit it, I am not a good multitasker. So without further ado, here it is, in all it's glory:

Menu for the week of November 13

*Baked Potatoes & Banana Nut Muffins

*Bacon Cheeseburger Pie & Green Beans

*Chili & Cinnamon Rolls

*Chicken Stir Fry & Rice

*French Toast & Bacon

*Hot Chicken Salad & Fried Green Tomatoes

*Chicken Noodle Soup & Bread

I haven't gone so far as to figure out what I am making which day- I should probably do that as well b/c we have any evening committment every night this week. When planning my menu, I wanted to use up things from my freezer and cupboards as much as possible. This week's plan required the following purchases : potatoes- they were on sale for $1.58 for 10 lbs., celery, soft butter and croutons, which were actually on sale as well. The croutons are for the hot chicken salad which is baked. I wasn't sure how my homemade croutons would hold up during baking.
I still managed to spend a good chunk of change at the store- but I did a lot of stocking up and replenishing of items.

Ok, I think I have rambled on enough for today. I probably will be doing more of it as I strive to be more frugal and organized.

No comments: