Thursday, November 01, 2007

On a sugar high

The day after Halloween- I'm pretty sure it's every teacher's worst nightmare.

We put our candy to good use today. We played the sorting/counting and writing numbers game this afternoon.





I forgot to share what I made up for the PreK class yesterday. All I did was make a simple matching game with fun Halloween pictures from my clipart program. I put a square of patterned paper on the other side since you could sort of see some of the darker shapes through the white paper.



I went to the thrift store today. I found some fun things, of course. If I don't show you the picture of the sheet and pillowcases I bought, then it won't count against me, right? Someday when I start quilting and find a good use for all these vintage lovelies you will forgive my weakness, won't you?

I did buy what I thought was a vintage tablecloth that I was planning on putting with the camping stuff. But it turns out, it is something else. What exactly, I don't know. It doesn't have anything to close it up, but it has a sewn with a fold on one end like a sleeping bag. Maybe it was someone's unfinished project.



All the chocolate I consumed today must have done me some good, I whipped up this little baby set for a shower I am going to this weekend.



My friend Kori mentioned going through her kids' Halloween candy and saving stuff back for gingerbread houses for Christmas. I think that is a great idea. I'll have to take an inventory tomorrow. Tonight I can tell you though, we, the kids are all out of milky ways already.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

what a cute baby gift. can i invite you to mine?? haha

miss chris said...

I love the matching game. Clever! Great thrifting find, too. I'm always picking up vintage sheets and pillowcases, and haven't found a really good use for them yet. Let me know if you do, ok? ;)

BTW - I found your blog after you added me as a flickr contact... and I'm so glad! Have a happy weekend.

Lorilee said...

The baby gift turned out soo cute Kristi!! Love the pictures of Genna counting her candy.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

great pics!!! love them all! :-)they baby set is adorable!

Kristi said...

Thanks ladies!!

Freer Family said...

Adorable baby set!
What a great idea to practice counting/numbers with candy. Genna is growing up so fast.