Friday, December 15, 2006

Holiday Fun



My sister in law sent me this Meme in an email and I thought I would post it on my blog.
If you haven’t answered this one yet, I’d love to hear your answers.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Do I really have to choose? I guess year round hot chocolate, but I love egg nog at Christmas time. 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always brings the presents that are too big to wrap 3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white inside, alternating red & white outside 4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope 5. When do you put your decorations up? The Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving 6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We usually always have almond coffee cake rolls for breakfast on Christmas-yum! 7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? This is a tough one, I remember gifts b/c of pictures- but a specific memory?? I know I loved going to my Grandma Olson’s house at Christmas time and having lefse, krumakage and rosettes. I loved helping decorate the tree- one year my mom made little clay teddy bear ornaments and I loved getting those out. We always did the ring and run for some families we knew and that was one of the best parts of the season as well. 8. Worst Holiday memory as a child? Getting a book about the bird and the bees when I was 11 years old- how embarrassing! 9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I remember figuring it out b/c Santa’s handwriting matched my Mom’s.Not sure how old I was. 10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Our kids do- it is always new pajamas, we did this growing up as well. 11. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? First thing we do every year is put on some Christmas music. Our tree is color coated and the boys put it together this year with a little help from Genna. The lights go on next , then the bead garland, the red balls and bows are next. Then everyone puts on their ornaments- each year I do a photo ornament for the kids. The best part is turning out all the lights and admiring our work. Traditionally we have an eggnog toast after the tree is done- but lately I haven’t been organized enough to buy some ahead of time. 12. Snow! Love it or Dread it? If we are all home- I love it. Snow days are the best. But driving or sending my poor husband out to work in it, is not fun! 13. Can you ice skate? I grew up ice skating on the pond in the park behind our house, but my ankles have gotten weak over the years. I did just go in Colorado and had a fun time, despite my sore ankles. 14. Do you remember your favorite gift? Some favorites- strawberry shortcake bathrobe, mork and mindy board game, pink legwarmers, and a doll with it’s own little carriage. 15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? As a Mom, I hope that I can make this season magical for my own kids, that I can teach them the true joy that comes in giving and that we can all remember the precious gift of our Savior. 16. What's your favorite holiday dessert? Broken glass, rice pudding, these chocolate log cookies that have colored marshmallows in it! 17. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Being with family definitely tops the list! Others- we always try to make cookies on Christmas Eve- so we have something to put on the plate for Santa, going to the Christmas Parade of homes with my two dear friends! 18. What tops your tree? A gold star 19. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Definitely giving. It is so rewarding to watch someone open and enjoy something that you put time and effort in to picking our or making for them. 20. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night, What Child is This, Mary Did You Know- by Donny Osmond. 21. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I am not a huge candy cane eater, but I do like them. I also like all the fun different flavored ones as well.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: