Friday, August 24, 2007

Attempts to make the summer last a little longer

 


Yep, it's that time of year. BLT's and fried green tomatoes are favorites at our house in the summertime.

But, I have to confess, my fear over finding this:






in my bluebird box next to my garden has kept me from getting out and picking and weeding, etc. I did finally suck it up this week and it is no longer the jungle it once was.

 


My Mom came down yesterday and helped me with the tomatoes and watched Genna while I subbed. We dried some and then skinned and pureed the rest freeze for use in sauces and soups. I also got a bushel of peaches from Betty. I froze 28 cups. Can't wait to make peach pies and smoothies with those this winter!

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

Was that a snake? Because OH. MY. GOSH. I would have died!

wendysue said...

Holy schmoly! What did that thing do. . .shimmy up the pole into the birdhouse. I wouldn't have been out there either!

But yummy tomatoes and peaches!!

Amber said...

Awesome, Kristi. Still get the heebie-jeebies over that snake...LOVE the picture of the tomatoes.