Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wii wish you a Merry Christmas

Sitting down to relax for a few minutes before working on my talk. Our family is speaking in Marysville, Kansas on Sunday. I am cheating and using part of a talk I had to give in the Seward Branch in September.

We had a wonderful Christmas. I am going to borrow a little recap idea I saw on my friend, Rebecca's blog.

Best Food: We had Mexican food and desserts when Troy's family came over. Shantelle's Chocolate Chip Cheeseball was the winner!
This sounds like her recipe except she doesn't use nuts because her son is allergic:

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
Ingredients
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Butter (no substitutes), softened
3/4 cup Confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp. Brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup Finely chopped pecans
Graham crackers

Preparation
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually add sugars and vanilla; beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (about 2 cups).


The almond coffee cake rolls I make every year, came in close second.



Best Gift To Me: The movie Persuasion- I have been asking for this for years and Cheryl helped Troy order it online- thanks, Cheryl!! I will spare you the puffy eyed, bedhead picture of me in my pajamas with all my gifts! When getting my gifts ready for the picture, I made the comment how I must have been a good girl this year since I was so spoiled. Genna frankly replied, "No, Mom, remember you yelled at us when you got mad." Out of the mouths of babes, lol!



Best Gift Given:Both boys were awake by 4, they were so excited. We held them off until 6:30- thank heavens for the 24 hour marathon of a Chrismtas Story. Of course, their favorite item is the Wii. Genna says her favorite gift was her High School Musical 2 poster book, although you can find her playing with her new Leapster. She loves the art game.




Best Game Played: We played Pit, Sequence and Jameson's new Deal or No Deal. But Pit was definitely the winner. I've loved that game since high school.

Best Song:I told you already how much I loved How Many Kings by Downhere.
But I really enjoyed when helped in Primary on Sunday, signing all the Christmas songs from the Children's Songbook.

Hope your Christmas was merry & bright!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love Pit. So fun!
What a great way to recap Christmas.

Helena said...

I've seen Persuasion! Good movie.