Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Be at one with the flow

I promise, I am just about to walk away from the computer. I lingered a little too long after finishing up my oatmeal. My productive, kid free time always goes by in the blink of an eye.

Like I said before, I really have so many projects swimming around in my head that I want to accomplish. Last night I tackled the junk drawers in the kitchen.
Before:

After:


I painted the picture frames and shutters today. I wanted to start priming my next project.



An entertainment center that sadly is 10x better than the one we bought when Jameson was a baby. It was in the basement of the duplex Troy was fixing up. I took the big door off and I plan on painting it black and putting some fun baskets on the shelves. All the painting stuff is in the work truck, so I will work on something else. Maybe finishing up some thank you cards, maybe some mending, the possibilities are endless.

With those purpose driven thoughts in mind, I wanted to share something that I found on Wisecraft's blog. It is one of my new favorite blogs- she has an amazing sense of style and the ability to capture beauty. She is an inspiring crafter, quilter who has a way with words. If you haven't seen her blog, go check it out. But anyway, back to what I wanted to share. Her kids had been sick and this is what she said:
We were hit with more illness (Emma) and a week-long school break for Ian. I decided to just go with it, slow down, and be at one with the flow. Let the mess happen, pick it up at the end of the day, let the kids lead the way. I should do that more often.
I read that and I immediately printed it out. What a great reminder. I feel badly because I feel like in trying to teach my kids to be responsible and the value of work, sometimes I forget to just play, to just enjoy the precious time I have while they are young.

So while I am going to use the next 76 minutes to get as much done as possible, when Genna gets home I am going to try and be at one with the flow.

4 comments:

Freer Family said...

I am feeling inspired to do my junk drawers now too. I can't wait to see how the entertainment center turns out. You are a seriously busy girl lately. Pass the motivation my way when you can, lol.

Helena said...

Beautiful drawers! When my mom got her drawers organized, she told us that every time we opened them we were supposed to say "Oooh! Ahhhh!" So here's an Ooooh! Ahhhh! for you. :)

Tour de Life said...

Can't wait to see your finished projects! How wonderful to have time to do things like that!

An Ordinary Mom said...

The computer always seems to suck away our "free" time.

Lovely drawers!