Friday, September 21, 2007

F is for....

Field trip....

I got to go with Jameson on field trip to the Living History Days in Table Rock. In 5th grade, it is no longer cool to sit by your Mom on the bus. He did begrudge me a few pictures. Despite that we still had a fun time. There were lots of demonstrations on what life was like during the late 1800's. We also got to watch a flag burning ceremony, which was very moving, but then again, Taps always chokes me up.



Finished projects...

Finally got the entertainment center done. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Not bad for a free piece of furniture. The baskets I got for 25¢ a piece at a garage sale a few weeks ago. Now I need to figure out what to put in them. I think videos might be too cluttery. Any ideas? The top needs some decor as well. I gladly welcome any thoughts you might have.




Here's Genna's rocket shirt. It turned out ok- I think mostly I don't love the shape of the shirt and so that is kind of ruining it all for me. But for now she'll have something to wear that will show some school spirit.

3 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Your creativity and all that you accomplish motivate me to be a better person!

Tour de Life said...

love the entertainment center! How about books in one of the baskets? I would also do toys, but I have younger kids...let me know what you end up doing!

Freer Family said...

The entertainment center turned out fabulous! What a difference some paint can make! WOW!