Monday, September 10, 2007

Accomplished today

I stayed up way too late last night finishing up my book, A Thousand Splendid Suns. Then it took a while to go sleep because I was thinking about what a wonderful country and family I am blessed to have. So the overcast, rainy off and on day, didn't help my motivation to actually be productive. I would have rather curled up with another good book and had a nap. I fought off those urges however, and besides the laundry, a killer Nemo concentration game and some straightening up around here this is what I accomplished.

Even though they need some help from Troy's level, I got these pretty papers framed and hung up in my office.




I hung the shutters as well and put up some new pictures and inspiration on my bulletin board.



You can see the before pictures on the frames and the shutters in this post.

We were all so excited when our Monarch Butterly came out of it's chrysalis this morning before school. Genna and Connor took turns taking it to their classroom. After it quit raining we let it go. It was so cool to watch it fly away. I am very tempted to plant a milkweed next year so I can attract more monarch caterpillars.



2 comments:

Freer Family said...

I loooove that book! One of my favorites so far this year.
Your decor looks cute. I really like those black shutters, I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for a pair.

Andrea said...

very cool projects. Love the butterfly. What a cool thing to see.