Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy 2 year Blogiversary to me!

I started this crazy little blog 2 years ago today. As silly as it sounds, I think my life is better because I blog. I have "met" a lot of cool people through blogs, so many of whom are so inspiring. Besides, I am awful at keeping a journal and so this will have to suffice. I guess I technically do scrapbook and journal there, but I am definitely not caught up with my scrapbooks, so hopefully this can fill in some gaps. My thoughtful Mother did print out a bunch of my entry's and put it in a binder for me. I need to get in the habit of printing out my posts after I enter them.

Anyhoo... here are a few things in honor of my 2 years of blogging:

I had 2 krispy creme donuts today(not pictured, lol, but they were definitely tasty!)

I crossed 2 things off my to do list that have needed to be done for a while- cleaning out the refrigerator and the freezer. Tomorrow I need to tackle the pantry and file bills.

2 things that I made recently:



2 things I found at the thrift store today:






Materials for 2 projects I am going to make at our Super Saturday on the 20th:

(Christmas table runner & ABC I Spy bag)





I love it when you make dinner at it lasts for 2 meals. Yesterday's broccoli cheese soup, was just perfect for this dampy, rainy day.



TOO
sweet! Connor had an auction at school today where they could buy little trinkets, toys, etc. with the "money" they earned in the classroom. He said, Mom, I passed over the junky toys because I have a hard time keeping my room clean and I got you this:



Yesterday I spent 2 hours helping Jameson with his poster for his 5th grade state report. Next week, he is going to help me make crab dip for when he
gives his oral presentation.


And last but not least, I want to give away 2 things. I am not sure what yet, because my brain is kind of fried from thinking about Cub Scout popcorn for way TOO long tonight. But on Sunday, October 21st I will draw from commenters on this post and give away 2 fun handmade things.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Your pumpkin pillow is ADORABLE!! And Hapopy Blogiversary! Eat a Krispy Kreme for me!

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

I picked a good day to check out your blog again! You have been busy. :) What a cute Mom & homemaker you are. I'm impressed.

Kristi Barnes

Tour de Life said...

I love the pumpkin pillow too! Did you use a pattern or make it up? What fun super saturday crafts! I want to come! :-)

The spreadsheet lady :) said...

Happy 2 year anniversary! And thanks for teaching me what a blog is :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

Happy Second Blog Anniversary!

Blogging has definitely made my life richer, but I just need to learn how not to let it steal so much of my time.

Two things from you to two commenters? That is just icing on the cake. You are so incredible talented!

By the way, I love the pumpkin pillow and all your photos. I wish some of your talent would rub off on me.

Lorilee said...

Hi you! I just love the fabric you picked out for your runner. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Kassie said...

Kristi, it's fun to read your blog and catch up with you. You have always amazed me with your creative energy and talent. Thanks for sharing some of it with pictures and your blog.

Andrea said...

ahhh. I missed it. Just wanted to say I love your blog and happy late blog anniversary. So glad you blog. I love to see all the cool things you make. It's inspiring.