Monday, February 18, 2008

Catching Up

Alright- I am going to apologize ahead of time for this monster post. It's been a busy, but fun couple of days.

Here's how we finished off our Valentine's Day~

Genna loved being able to read all the names this year on her Valentine cards


I got a surprised with flowers from my secret sister. Genna loved it b/c the frog sings.


a candlelit dinner in the basement



I covered the top of an ugly chocolate box for Troy- we also opened our homemade Valentine's and read them


The next day I subbed and that night Troy and I were able to go up to the temple, while Grandma & Grandpa Koski watched the kids. It was a great night and our goal is to get there more often this year.

Saturday Jameson had an intense basketball game against Louisville. Then afterwards my brother Dave and his family came down for lunch. It was so nice to spend some time together!


After their visit, my Mom and I drove down to Kansas to visit my sister Lorilee. We had the best weekend. We had broccoli cheese soup, my Mom made banana bread and Lorilee and I made ourselves super hungry looking at tons and tons of cupcake pictures. Lor- you need to send me some of the links we found, ok?


Her baby Ashlyn is just the sweetest thing ever and I love being able to go and love on her. Here are some pictures I took of her in my Grandma's Christening gown.



Our kids have a lot of fun playing together. This weekend they decorated cookies, played the Wii and made a cousins grocery shop and had an official ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand opening.


Lorilee helped me make this little bag for Genna that I've been wanting to do since last fall. We used an old pair of jeans, some clearance fabric from Joann's and a belt I got at a garage sale. It turned out really cute, although jeans and thick belts are not really fun to sew through!


Anyway, thanks for staying with me to the end of this mega post. We really had a great weekend, the only downside, is that Jameson now seems to have what Genna had last week.

7 comments:

Lorilee said...

We had so much fun this weekend and were so glad that you guys came. I hope Jameson is feeling better. Love you guys!

Kristi said...

You are always so busy & productive. :)

Genna looks so much like you int he picture - wow!

Cute little purse, and even cuter little niece. ;)

Kristi said...

Remind me to push preview next time I post.

I think that was supposed to say "in that picture", as opposed to the garbled mess you see.

Amber M. said...

Missing you...LOVE the picture of Genna and her cute little smile with all her Valentines and the darling pictures of Ashlyn in the christening dress. Priceless.

Freer Family said...

Fun Valentine dinner. You always have fun ideas. Your new little niece is adorable!!!

Andrea said...

Such a cute valentine box and jean bag. Love your fun things you do!

i'm kelly said...

love this! i'm always looking for good ideas for my old jeans!