Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day

Last night we got an early Christmas present- no school today. I guess I should clarify, my two younger kids were actually a little bummed at hearing the news because they had parties planned and a magician coming this afternoon. However, Troy and I were happy to not have to drive out in the ice that we got on top of the snow we received a few days ago.

Genna has been the most excited about the snow this time. Last week, they had predicted a big storm that missed us and she was so disappointed. So this week despite temperatures in the teens, she spent over an hour playing outside in the snow.



It was good snow for a snowball fight.

Even Mo liked the snow- we needed the leash b/c our neighbors big dogs were out and they like to play pretty rough.


It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, I'm so jealous you got a snow day. Your litle snow buddies are so darling!

Lorilee said...

My kids didn't have school on Friday as our Winter break started that day, but I did think we would wake up to the same weather that you guys did. It ended up getting up to 50 degrees during the night and melted most of the snow before it cooled off again. Crazy! sorry the kids missed the magician. Maybe Ethan can peform for them when you guys come. lol