Wednesday, February 07, 2007

OAMC, sort of

Yesterday I got a wild hair and decided to do a mini version of OAMC- Once A Month Cooking. I got a lot of inspiration looking at this blog. In December, my friend, Cheryl and I did this together and I loved the results. I have been wanting to do it again, and decided I could do at least a few meals by myself. I wasn't near as organized as last time. I went to Sam's Club and then to a Super Saver, which I don't normally shop at. I completely spaced picking up any chicken at the store.

Here is what I made last night:

Breakfast Burritos (3 meals)



Lasagna (2 meals, or 1 company meal)



Vegetable Beef Soup (2 meals)




Brownie Bites (for the boys to take to school)



And then this recipe for granola bars- also for school lunches or even a quick breakfast


Then today I made:

Twice Baked Potatoes (3 meals)



Pizza Kit (2 meals)
I just froze the dough and will thaw and let rise the day I make the pizza



Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza (1 meal)
This one I tried freezing with the toppings to see how it goes



Pizza Rollups (1 meal)
My family really loves these, otherwise it would be 2 meals




Chicken Fingers (at least 2 meals)




Meatballs (1 meal in spaghetti sauce, 1 meal in gravy)



So if my calculations are correct- I did about 15 meals and then some extras. I did make my own pizza/spaghetti sauce as well as a loaf of bread and some whole grain rolls for sandwiches tomorrow. I also tried out a recipe I found on a blog- it was called Mexican Bake, and it was really yummy!

The only thing missing was my good friend Cheryl. My sink did not look like this when we got done the day we did OAMC.



Thankfully, I still had the energy to clean up. There is nothing worse than waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW you did a TERRIFIC job! I love your ideas...the burritos and the cupcakes, and everything else you made, just look delicious!!
And you did a great job on the cleanup afterwards too...I always find that the most exhausting when I'm doing the Once a Month Cooking! :)

Bethany :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

You can come visit my house and freezer anytime. Although, I suppose I need to get out of our tiny apartment and get a deep freeze first! Way to go on all your dinners!

I also have to clean up the kitchen every night. I can't stand waking up to messes.

Nikki said...

Looks great! It is such a great feeling to have a freezer full of meals. Good for you! And your sink looks so nice and shiny.

beckbot said...

Wow...you are officially supermom in my book. I'm doing great if I actually follow my (somewhat lame) menu plan for the week AND have all the groceries on hand for what I've planned.