Friday, January 11, 2008

About me this week...

I found this fun meme on Bella Dia's blog.

On My Bedside Table:
Five Love Languages (my lesson at sorority this week was about this book)
A pair of green earrings
A picture Genna painted me
The remote for the DVD player that broke last year !?!

Next Up from Netflix:
sigh, we still have The Reading Room
The Astronaut Farmer
I Am David
Unaccompanied Minors
Evelyn
The Derby Stallion

Latest Interests:
scrapbooking with a focus of getting more pictures scrapped on one layout



On My Mind:
South Beach- finding fun new recipes & rediscovering old favorites (hot milk + sugar free vanilla syrup + a tiny squirt of whipped cream + a dash of cinnamon plus)


Learning:
to be more patient and loving

to treat my body better- my name is Kristi, and I am a carb addict!

Making:
a new ironing board cover

Earthquake cake trifle (I originally made Sophia’s recipe, only using storebought frosting, it looked awful and it was for my sorority night, so I quickly turned it into a trifle, layering the cake, homemade cream cheese frosting and a crushed Hershey bar with almonds (I didn’t try it so I don’t know if it tasted ok, but I know it looked much better!)




Looking Forward To:
my sorority scrapbook night

the Jane Austen compilation on PBS- starting this Sunday

Enjoying:
Having my parents home for a short visit


my afternoons with Genna


Amused By:
Grandpa and the kids bowling



Connor trying to win some sort of spelling contest- he has to use a thesaurus to rewrite sentences using his weekly spelling words. He prides himself on trying to find words his teacher has never heard of. Last night he picked brobdingangian to replace huge.

The birds in my backyard.

4 comments:

Freer Family said...

Your scrapbook layouts are soooo good! I need to get back on track. It's been 2 years since I ahve done anything. I'm afraid I will be super duper rusty! Love Grandpa Wii bowling. Isn't that game the funnest? Great post!

Andrea said...

What a great post.
I love your back yard!! Wow.

An Ordinary Mom said...

What a fun and good getting-to-know-you-better post. I really enjoyed the Five Love Languages and that trifle looks delicious!

We might just have to watch the Jane Austen PBS special. Thanks for the reminder. Let us know how you like it.

Marisa said...

Thanks for the info on a new layout. The outside shot looks familiar, it could be any of us down here in the Southeast corner. I have to say, your Wii blogs are only helping to convince me that perhaps it's time to get one here.