Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday's Tasks

Ok, after a week or more of channeling all my energy into perusing fitness blogs and websites, I got back into making a few things today.

First, I finished up a couple of scrapbook pages. Not fabulous, but they are done. And I am sorry, I am too lazy to scan my 2 page layouts.


Next, I decided to try out Jessica Seinfeld's brownie recipe- you know the one with spinach and carrots in it. I made these before Genna got home. They are supposed to cool completely before you eat them, otherwise you can taste the spinach. Wanna know how they rated? 2 not so goods and 3 yes, make them agains. My boys were the ones who didn't like the taste of them. They are not super sweet, although they are extremely moist. I had a small taste and thought they were pretty good. I decided I will try and make them again, after we do some serious sugar weaning around here.




Then, don't fall over with shock, but I made something with one of my vintage pillowcases. It's a reusable grocery bag made from this awesome tutorial! I have been trying really hard at my local store, to request paper instead of the plastic, but I need to make quite a few more, before I could handle a trip to Walmart. Here is another tutorial. I really liked her produce bags too.



And lastly, while perusing more of Deceptively Delicious, I found her meatball soup recipe. It is similar to this one I'd bookmarked to try someday.


It was a big hit with everyone, well, except Genna. She didn't love it, but she ate it all without making a trip into the bathroom to toss what she didn't like into the trash. It cracks me up when she picks up her plate and heads down the hall. Of course, I don't let her get very far and she still has to eat her food, but I think it's kind of funny that she doesn't think I'll notice.

Anyway, the more I've looked at this book, the more I like it. Not because I think I need to hide vegetables from my kids, but because it has so many ideas for encorporating more nutrients than some of the other recipes I would normally make. My kids are actually pretty good vegetable eaters, but it never hurts to figure out a way to get more veggies in them!


Hope you all had a great day!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Your bag looks great! If the bagger wants to, they can fit a lot more stuff in a cloth bag than in a plastic one. I took my cloth bags to the grocery store last time and they didn't do a great job of filling them all the way full, though. I only have 5 bags and that is plenty for a medium sized grocery trip.

Amber M. said...

You've been busy!! I've been curious about that Jessica Seinfeld book. And your bag is CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
This is Ann, Amber's mom!
I have been visiting your blog via
Amber's and I enjoy it very much.
I am pleased to have a pattern
for thrifty and "green" grocery
bags. I had thought to buy some,
but this is better. I love the
instructions to make the neat
mitered bottom corners. Thanx!