Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chunks of Fun

There is just something so exciting about a new box of crayons. The kids can have boxes of them at home, but they are still drawn to the crisp yellow and green box when we pass them in the store.

I'd been wanting to mold our own crayons for quite a while now. I considered doing it for Genna's colorful party in November, but it was a good thing that I didn't follow through with it then (it is a little time consuming and messy). A few weeks ago Amber posted about how to do this fun project.. And then I found this picture on Flickr.

So yes, it was messy, lots of crayon papers and chunks of wax everywhere. I hope my cutting board recovers. I did take a magic eraser to it and it took most of it off.


But then end results were definitely worth it.


Even the big kids thought it was fun!

8 comments:

Amber M. said...

They turned out AWESOME!!! My cutting board STILL has crayon color on it...

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

Oh that is soooo cool! I never thought of that!

Marisa said...

Between you and Amber, I think it's time to retire all of our old crayons and have "craft night" with the kids. The soup looks good. Too bad Travis and I just had a conversation about how he does not like meatballs. Oh, well. The brownies I might pass on, although I did try some once made with pinto beans.

Andrea said...

Looks like fun.

The Frosts said...

Kristi!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. How fun to get back in touch. I am just astounded by how BIG your kids have gotten. Wasn't I just buying a baby gift for Genna? Anyway, I'll have to catch up and read your archives. I love all your projects - super inspiring. Talk to you soon!

Carin said...

That is so cool! You are such a great mom your always doing the coolest stuff with your kids.

Freer Family said...

I've always wanted to try these. It looks like they turned out really neat.

i'm kelly said...

these are seriously awesome. i love the big crayons... perfect for little hands.