Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spooktacular Halloween Party

I finally got done editing all the fun pictures from our Halloween Party last week.

We had such a great time. We really wanted to invite our whole ward- but our house is only so big. Troy's family alone counted for over 25 people.

We had everyone bring munchies or Halloween treats, if they felt creative.

Here was a sampling of all the yummy food.

I served taco soup and ghastly green punch. I also made the deviled eggs with spiders after I saw them on Wendy's blog last year. My friend Jennifer made the cute rice krispy ghosts and my MIL Betty made the jack' o' lantern mini pizzas. There was a ton more food- but I was busy playing hostess and didn't get any more pictures.

We asked everyone to come in costume or at the very least wear a funny hat. Connor stood outside our front door, greeting our guests as they arrived. He didn't say a word, just let them in. A few of them kept trying to make him laugh and he said it was pretty hard to hold it in. I think one of my favorite parts of the whole night was just seeing what everyone dressed up as. After they walked in the door Jameson aka Napoleon was busy handing out buttons that he made.



We had everyone vote for the best costume in 4 different categories. Jim Hergenrader (Betty's Cousin's husband, who happened to be passing through)won the Scariest with this spooky Husker fan getup. Cute little Emily won the Sweetest- if you can't read her Mom's apron it says, "If there's no chocolate in heaven, I'm not Going". John McCain(Shane) won the Most Original. And Johanna, I mean, Johny(Troy's Dad) won for the Funniest, although he did get votes in every single category!

Here are the pictures of the rest of the guests.


Everyone looked so great! Originally we wanted to do some fun Halloween themed games, but I just couldn't pull it off. It ended up ok though because we had a great time just eating, visiting and playing a few regular games- Apples to Apples and Bananagrams.

7 comments:

Lorilee said...

Cute pics....looks like a great time!!

Kristi said...

YOU are festive! What a fun party! love all the creepy food, that punch looks awesome. I'll have to show Lily, she will love it!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Looks like a fun party! :) You were very creative with those yummy snacks!! Thanks for visiting/following my blog :)

Blessings,
Stacey

Kassie said...

I think you are a great mom and a brave woman. I hate Halloween so don't make it much fun for my kids and I don't do parties. Too much work.
Sounds like you had lots of fun, though.

Amber M. said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN! the eyeball punch is to die for! Literally...hahaha.

The Frosts said...

What a fun party! Your food looks awesome and it looks like a great time. I am totally going to make that trail mix - yum!

Amy from Texas said...

Great party! Love all your photos.