Monday, October 27, 2008

Time Out 2008

I had a wonderful time this weekend with my family at Time Out in Omaha.

Friday night we listened to Jenny Oaks Baker. I have never heard more beautiful violin playing in my life. I was amazed, delighted and moved to tears as she played.

My sister Linda flew in from Colorado. She was excited to see Ardith Kapp, who spoke that night. She had met Sister Kapp as a Laurel in 1978.

The next day was just as wonderful, we listened to Kenneth Cope and Cherie Call sing.


Elia Gourgouris, Pam Hansen, Wendy Ulrich and Mary Ellen Edmunds spoke to us. It was the spiritual nourishment I have been craving and I came away filled. It was so awesome to be able to share this experience with so many dear friends as well.


PS. My neat little upsizing trick is not working with Blogger lately- I'm not sure why. But I guess it is not just me, other people are having problems with it too.

6 comments:

Lorilee said...

Wish I could have been there this year. Missed you all! Love ya!

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Kenneth Cope is coming to do a fireside for our Stake tomorrow night, I'm excited!

Andrea said...

How awesome that you were with your family and had a great time.
I loved Kenneth as a youth. And Sis. Kapp. Oh.. the good ol days.

The Hathcock 3 said...

What fun! We have ours in two weeks. It's fun that your mom and sister could be there!

At Home In Georgia said...

Sister Kapp...she was in the General YW when I was younger...I LOVE her. I have never met her in person...she looks BEAUTIFUL doesn't she. I would love to her her voice.

You sure look like your mom.

Marisa said...

Isn't Jenny Oaks amazing?!? I played in the Utah Youth Symphony with her before we moved out here-she was/is WAY bettern than any of us ever were (except maybe the Harpist). I can always say Pres. Oaks watched me play in a concert.