Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick or Treat Bags

I just finished up some new trick or treat bags for the kids. Previously, we'd been using some ugly orange buckets that took up a lot of space in my Halloween tote. So last year when my sister told me she made some cute fabric bags for her kids- I thought it was a great idea. Then I was at Target and found some Halloween pillowcases on clearance and knew it was meant to be!



I used this tutorial again to make the bags. I should have made the straps a bit skinnier, but I guess you live and learn, right?

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

What a great idea! Pillowcases? They make MUCH cuter bags, I think!

Freer Family said...

These turned out darling!

JenniferB said...

Cute bags! I don't have time to make them this year -- but you'll be the one I call next year to help me! ;)

At Home In Georgia said...

I love it. Now I am such a good stitcher but not so good at sewing...but this maybe. Very, very cute!

Kristi said...

What a fun idea! I love how they turned out. You are amazing!!

Lorilee said...

They turned out great!! I think the wide handles will be fine...maybe easier to hold. Love them!!